Current Observations Home Current Observations Home Current Observations Home
 

Snowus Interuptus

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

So, there I was Sunday night, kicking around this idea for a blog post when all of a sudden, "Boom!" No power. I think a tree limb came down and knocked out the power. 'Twas about six o'clock I think. (Never mind the snow that was causing the bows to break.)

Anyway, about 47 hours later the wonderful folks charged (<--pun!) with getting the power back on came through. Must be why all power utility trucks are white.

Here's a quick photo log of the last couple of days. Click on each for a larger image.

Here's your author clearing the snow off his truck in an attempt to go to work Monday morning. Thank God for four wheel drive!

Not wanting to stop the truck 'til after I got to the highway, I trudged out to open the gate. I don't know if you can see it, but I love the way the snow collects on the fence. It looks cool.

The next morning (Tuesday) while waiting for the sun to come up, I snapped this picture of Bandit, our oldest "child", trying to keep warm on my chair. Can you see him?

After being without water for over 24 hours, we finally had to have some. As the grocery store was sold out, we had to get creative. Here's what we came up with.

It was pretty cold in the house which is evident by Abby burying her nose under her paw to keep warm.

Here's another look at our water production plant. That's a propane weed-burner surrounded by landscape bricks. After a quick modification, April managed two pots (second not shown) at a time... Mass production!

Here's a shot of a group of trees across the street. Bows laden with snow threaten the powerlines below.

Hope it melts before the rains come!

Have you ever noticed you can't find a tape measure when you need one?

Around 1:30pm I decided to take a measurement. It says 11 inches. Really, it seemed like more when I got up.

Here's a final shot of the shed by our vegetable garden. You can see how much snow sits upon the roof.

Well, that's where I've been and what I've been up to. What's sad about all that is that I've got a pretty decent generator. Unfortunately, it runs like its possessed. It'll run fine for about ten minutes, then it starts surging up and down, up and down. I really am at a loss as to why. I've really got to get that darned thing fixed, though. Being only the end of November, I have a feeling I may need it again before it turns to Spring.

We now rejoin our regularly scheduled blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger |

Syndication

|
|

Who Links
Here