Current Observations Home Current Observations Home Current Observations Home
 

Anonymity Swiped

Sunday, November 19, 2006

You may have seen the new Visa commercial where people are buying their lunches in what can only be described as an assembly line lunch service. The goal of the commercial was to demonstrate how paying your bill by swiping your credit card was much more efficient than paying with cash. After seeing this commercial the first time, I was inspired to make the following public service announcement to remind us about data mining, databases and the extraordinary access which government now has to our private banking records. Keep this in mind as you go about your business. Each time you swipe your card you're leaving an electronic 'I was here' tag for everyone to see...
 
 
I hoped you liked it. If you want to share this video with your friends you can visit it's YouTube page here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Don--

Terrific video! I despise that commercial, so it's uplifting to see someone tell the truth about what Visa isn't saying.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Don Bangert said...

Thanks for the compliment. I'm not entirely happy with the video quality. If I can, I have a higher resolution version that I'd like to replace it with.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger |

Syndication

|
|

Who Links
Here