Current Observations Home Current Observations Home Current Observations Home
 

Wall of Shame

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The following Representatives voted FOR renewing provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act. To reward them for their votes, they get a place on my new Wall of Shame.
Representative
Doc Hastings
The 4th District of Washington
Representative
Cathy McMorris
The 5th District of Washington
Representative
Dave Reichert
The 8th District of Washington
I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. These folks earned their spots here by casting their votes in favor of the Patriot Act. This Act has allowed the trampling of our rights and liberties by government. It is well documented that the PATRIOT Act is at odds with our Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These morons just voted for more oppressive government.
 
Let me be clear: I do not want to give a "free-pass" to terrorists. But, I will not trade my rights or my liberties so that I can "feel" more secure from being attacked by terrorists or to make some government employee's job easier. In my book, the value of my liberty far exceeds any security that may be promised by government. My liberty is non-negotiable: keep your hands off!

1 Comments:

Blogger Britt Howard said...

The Patriot Act has been used to gather information from those not even suspected of terrorist ties. In Virginia it has been used in crimes with absolutely no relation to terrorism among other things.

One thing to note is how the FBI agent was mentioned as not being aware of violating the law. It somewhat resembles language used by the administration concerning the excusing of interrogators that used torture techniques but, were unaware it was unlawful. Ignorance is no excuse I thought. Oh, that's right. It's bliss. That way you can do anything. Hehe. All this and more in the article here:

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=96966&ran=122319

I used this as some of the source material for my own Libertarian blog. I'm new to blogging so, don't expect too much polish if you view it.

http://valibertarian.blogspot.com/

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger |

Syndication

|
|

Who Links
Here