Current Observations Home Current Observations Home Current Observations Home
 

Bush's True "Swearing In"

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

There's been a story swirling about the internet that reports on Bush's disdain for the United States Constitution. I've read numerous articles about it, and must report that, while I wasn't present at the time of the alleged utterance, given the past actions and overall character of our current president, I'd have to conclude that he probably did make these comments.

Being slightly twisted, I envisioned the following...

Bush swears in... literally!
Chuck Baldwin wrote an excellent piece about this topic. I recommend reading it. Also, click here for an article by Karen Kwiatkowski.

In closing, I would like propose a question (assuming the above statement is factual): If our elected leader feels this much contempt for the document that empowers him to do his job, then wouldn't he, by his own admission, be a dictator? By this, I mean: If he feels the constitution is a worthless piece of paper, then where does the authority and power come from that allows him to govern you and I? Remember, also, that it was Mr. Bush who said, "Gee, if this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I am the dictator."

Your actions, Mr. President, speak the loudest.

1 Comments:

Blogger mkfreeberg said...

Cool graphic! Can I hot-link to it on my own blog?

I should disclose that my take on it is going to be a little different from yours, although I assume you already know that.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger |

Syndication

|
|

Who Links
Here