Current Observations Home Current Observations Home Current Observations Home
 

Otherwise Distracted

Thursday, May 03, 2007

A couple weeks ago I bought a motorcycle. Looking at the gas prices, I see my decision was prudent. As I've never ridden before, I enrolled in a motorcycle safety course. Last night was the first session. Saturday and Sunday will be consumed with classroom learning and hands on instruction. With any luck, I'll pass the course and receive my endorsement from the State. Wish me luck, and blogging through the weekend will be light, if at all.
Here's a picture of a similar bike to the one I bought...
1981 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim
In case you're wondering, the class I'm taking is put on by the Motorcycle Safety Company out of Tukwila, WA. If you're interested in checking them out, their site can be reached by clicking here, or by calling them at 206-838-1010.

UPDATE: Good News: I passed! All that's left to do is turn in my card to the Dept. of Licensing then I'm good to go. It was a lot of work but well worth it. My hat is off to everyone who rides a motorcycle as it is really challenging. I want to say thanks again to Doug and Lee--my instructors. They did an excellent job and I'm grateful to them.

2 Comments:

Blogger April said...

"With any luck..." huh! He'll pass, trust me! And my does he look wonderful on it! lol

10:19 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Cool machine. Go Don!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger |

Syndication

|
|

Who Links
Here