Current Observations Home Current Observations Home Current Observations Home
 

1 of 14 Characteristics of Fascism

Thursday, February 23, 2006

(Note: I quickly discovered that there was simply no way I could crank this thing out in the timeline I gave myself. I wouldn't be doing this piece or you any service if I were to even attempt such an ambitious goal. I will, however, endeavor to get at least one catagory posted per day. To be honest, It's not that there's so little to be found for examples, it's that there's so many. I just want to try and pick the best.)
 
The 1st of the 14 characteristics of Fascism is:

Powerful and Continuing Nationalism
Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottoes, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.

Also, if you know of a better example of one of the subject I've listed, let me know in the 'Comments' section.

2 Comments:

Blogger nobody said...

This is not exclusive to Fascism. Use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols and songs, etc were used during the Revolutionary war. Any movement will try to use these types of tools to motivate their base and keep them moving toward whatever purported goal.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Don Bangert said...

Correct, but the point is that when this characteristic is observed in concert with the other 13 characteristics, it tends to tell us that we should be on the look out for a fascist regime. It doesn't necessarily mean that there is a fascist regime, but the possibility exists.

It's the old "Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck... must be a duck!" thing.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger |

Syndication

|
|

Who Links
Here