Current Observations Home Current Observations Home Current Observations Home
 

It's Decision Time

Monday, November 03, 2008

It's time, once again, to cast our votes. The question was asked, "Why are you voting for the person you're for?" Here's my answer...
 
I believe the government's job is to provide society protection from invaders. I believe its job is to secure our borders. I believe its job is to coin money and regulate its value. I believe government's job is make laws which are proper and just and constitutional. I believe its job... I could go on, but you get the point. I have a certain understanding of what out government's job is and now the question before me is, "Is there a candidate that has the same understanding of what government's job is?"

Hmmm... McCain? On some points, yes. Not all, though. Obama, same thing. On down the list I go. Ron Paul (even though he's no longer listed on  my ballot), yes. Too bad he got washed out be the machine. But, wait! Who's this? Chuck Baldwin. The Constitution Party's candidate. A little too religious for me, but at least I know he's got a moral compass. And his beliefs of what our government's job is matches almost exactly with mine. Hell ya! I think I found my candidate.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how it's done. Vote for the candidate that intends to use your government in the way you think it's meant to be used. Remember, government is just a tool. How it's used is up to you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Voting is silly and only encourages government regardless of whom you cast a vote in favor of.

So stop feeding the animals, it only makes them sit climb on the dinner table.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger |

Syndication

|
|

Who Links
Here