Current Observations Home Current Observations Home Current Observations Home
 

Hayden's Nomination

Monday, May 08, 2006

I've been waiting till the very last minute to post on this: It now appears Air Force Gen. Michael Hayden has been nominated by Bush to lead the CIA. In case you missed it, Porter Goss suddenly stepped down (why?) from his lead position at the CIA. Almost immediately, Mike Hayden's name was floated as his possible replacement. My stomach muscles literally clenched up when I read that. Isn't that like putting the fox in charge of the hen house?
 
But, it's worse than that. From this AP article announcing Hayden's nomination, we can find this little jewel:
If Hayden were confirmed, military officers would run all the major spy agencies, from the ultra-secret National Security Agency to the Defense Intelligence Agency. (Emphasis mine)
This little factoid is what worries me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it customary to fill all intelligence agencies with military personnel when you're fixin' for a military-styled coup? I don't like the way this chessboard is laid out. It really doesn't look good for our side. If Bush decides to take a walk into martial law land, he's got all his henchmen in place to make the transition into dictatorial rule seamless.
 
Nope, I don't like the looks of this at all!

1 Comments:

Blogger lewlew said...

His nomination scares the h*e* double hockey sticks out of me. He's been extremely sympathetic to the NSA spying on American citizens. I didn't know that military people headed up the other two agencies (shame on me!). That is frightening, to say the least.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger |

Syndication

|
|

Who Links
Here